Monday 18 June 2007

More hyperventilation problems

Hi,

I would like to continue this week on the same theme as last week.

This problem of breathing too much because of chest breathing is intriguing me. I have continued trawling the literature and it seems that this problem can be a cause of many other cardiovascular and respiratory disorders such as asthma, variant angina, coronary spasm and sudden death plus other problems such as migraine and spastic colon. These many problems seem to occur as a result of the blood becoming alkaline which leads to constriction of airways and blood vessels.

As I talked about last week, by retraining the breathing to be abdominal instead of chest breathing, the breathing can be slowed whilst still fully oxygenating the blood and avoiding the blood becoming alkaline. This seems to have a protective effect for many of the problems mentioned above and more.

For these reasons I think long term use of youbreathe for slowing the breathing could be so important for maintenance of optimal health long term. For this reason I am in the process of producing an abdominal breathing user manual with exercises for retraining the breathing pattern. I will post that here and on the youbreathe website when it is finished.

Have a great week.

No comments: